Monday, January 16, 2017

Pre-Patch Blues

The day-before-patch void. The terrible part is that XIV's patches seem to launch the day after U.S. holidays and since I work in the finance industry, I'm usually off the day the game is patching... while working the actual launch day. What's worse is that usually, for me, working the day after a holiday means I'm beat to hell by the time I come home. Patch 3.5 is going to be a blast but I may not feel the full joy of the new patch until Friday night.


That said, I've had a fun week leading up to today. Although I personally got much done and had some great success, not everyone got to enjoy it. Our FC as a whole has been plagued with computer problems and health issues for nearly two weeks. The gods have been contrary yet we shall prevail. I think Patch 3.5's Cross-Server Party Finder is going to solve a lot of issues with us pugging. We currently don't have a static but we do have a decent pool of players whether they are from the FC or in our Nophica's Bosom linkshell. I'm pretty excited at the thought of finding people across Primal to run content, making catching up even easier and making forming parties a helluva lot more fun.

I am proud of our Alexander 10 Savage clear on Saturday. I'm sad not everyone got in that night but now that I've seen the entire dance I know it can be done again with ease. Hydaelyn was kind enough to bless me with the healer ring and gloves, praise her. So far I've gotten three Creator pieces for heals and a ring for caster. I'm feeling pretty solid with both roles and any gear that comes next will only sharpen my SMN stats, my focus being high Crit and keeping Det and Spell Speed high but equal.

Tricksy Goblin fall down.
Coming off of our victory I spent a good deal of Sunday doing piddly-stuff like redecorating the little house Cinna and I bought in the Mist. The yard is looking great so now we've focused on the interior. Pics coming as soon as I'm happy with it! I also worked on beastmen dailies on PLD, which is now level 57 and has some snazzy green armor. I always forget that Ok' Zundu has level 56 gear and it's not terrible looking.

Fear my battle stance. What's provoke do again?
Boredom started to set in so Cinna and I joined a party finder Nidhogg Extreme in search of the coveted Dark Lanner. I say coveted because purple shit goes hard in Nophica's Bosom. Purple is like our currency. Just like Bart vs the Space Mutants, even aliens crave purple. Plants crave it. 

And I got it.

You are so beautiful. To me.
Three take-aways: 1) it was a good party but it's true that the party leader is the one to die the most, 2) the Dark Lanner whistle does NOT drop (as of 3.45) with only 1 drop in 15 clears, and 3) I'm lucky as hell with the whistle 'cause I rolled a 78 to beat a 77 and with positioning 'cause I stood in some tight geirskoguls and dodged that shit like the matrix. I wish I had pics.

Of course these birdies are probably going to fall like rain as soon as Patch 3.5 hits and my one hour of glory will fade. Such is the way of Final Fantasy XIV. We'll all have Alexander 12 Savage down soon and our collective thumbs up our asses until Stormblood. I kid, I kid. Even though I'm still a scrub, there's a lot of good coming in between Patch 3.5 and 4.0 so perhaps anything is possible.

From the corner,




No comments:

Post a Comment