Sunday, January 8, 2017

Back in the Game

It's been a good week of Final Fantasy XIV play and I really feel like I'm back in the game. Lately it has been fun FC stuff like Coil catch-ups and primal ponies. I'm really looking to do more bird farming too. It's been nice.

Diadem fishing. Where ya gonna get pterodactyl in 3.5?
I think a new year gives us all a fresh start, even if it's subjective and/or completely made up. If we can trick our minds/make ourselves believe we have a new lease on life then we can "wipe the slate clean" and move forward. Maybe I've bought into of those prosperity-gospel, new-age, Jedi mind-tricks but with Stormblood six months away, Patch 3.5 next week, and us working on Creator Savage... I'm feeling pretty good about Final Fantasy XIV.

A10S is pretty fun.
I think our Savage progress is going well. I fully expect us to hit that "ugh" moment come A11S but until then I'll be happy in the steady growth. Last week we party finder-ed a quick clear and then bashed our head on A10S learning. This week we had more members from our FC (Nophica's Bosom) join, get A9S down, and get caught up to where we got in A10S last week. Clearly the progress is there and that makes me feel good, because I feel like when I get to A11S learning I'll have caught up to the rest of the casual raiding community.

What else... Final Fantasy XV had me all dizzy and puking but I finally clawed my way out of Pitioss Dungeon. Motion sickness, what can I say. In my haste to leave I missed grabbing the Black Hood item. See, I opened every door, killed all the pink heads, and jumped on a statue's tits but never walked along the girder just at the end to where the black hood was. Anyway, I went back and I have it now and it's sweet. Next up is getting hunter rank 6+ and cleaning up Costlemark and Ravatogh.

Touch me with that magic hand, Noctis.
Stay warm friends, it's been cold as ice here. Haurchefant would want you to have a cocoa.

From the corner,

1 comment: